Monday, March 16, 2015

Manic Monday--How To Earn BIG PROFITS!!

Hey, kids, do you want to know...
Sure, we all do! How did Bill make big profits?!?

Wait...what?!?




Exactly how many rackets did you restring, Bill?

Free 10¢?? Hell yeah!

OK, that was pretty good money in 1941...but really?

Yes, because society continued to experience that alleged "rapid growth  of badminton."

Seriously, I don't know a single person who has ever need a racket restrung. I guess I just run with the wrong crowd...

But just so you know this wasn't some buncha BS:

Yup, a "check:" worth 10¢ "in trade."

To hell with college, Ma--I've got a career!!

Ad appeared on the back cover of Stars And Stripes #2 (1941)

1 comment:

Dick McGee said...

FWIW, I can remember my grandparents bemoaning the fact that badminton was no longer as popular as it had been when they were young - which would have been the 30s and 40s. The ad's still a scam, but way less implausible than it looks from a 2015 perspective.