Sunday, September 28, 2014

I Think Disney Might Sue Itself Over This One

So., I'm reading Avengers #14 (1965), and I find a story that's very, very familiar.

The Avengers, searching for a missing doctor who might be the only chance to save the life of The Wasp [SPOILER ALERT: She lived], stumbled across a base of alien fugitives in the Arctic wastes:

 No, no, not that, this:

Anyway, it turns out the Kallusians are being pursued by an evil galactic empire that is sparing no cost to find them:

No, no, I mean this:

And the evil aliens send a bunch of probes to explore various planets to see if the Kallusians are there:

No, no, I meant this:

And the probes explore the icy wastes:

No, that's wrong...why does this keep happening? I meant this:

Well, the probe finds a rebel relay station and destroys it:

No, not at all like that--like this:

Fortunately, one good guy is left, and he takes out the probe and alerts his people:

Sigh...no, like this:

In the comic, we don't see this guys final fate, but it's probably something like this:

Well, it seems pretty obvious to me that Stan Lee (plot), Paul Laiken & Larry Lieber (script), Jack Kirby (layouts), Don Heck (pencils) and Chic Stone (inks) deliberately and completely ripped off The Empire Strike Back for their Avengers comic book!!

I think that whoever owns Star Wars should sue the living heck (sorry, Don) out of whoever owns Marvel and the Avengers...oh, wait. Never mind.

1 comment:

Martin Gray said...

Oh, clever stuff. And I'm glad you namechecked the film, I was assuming Battlestar Galactica (not a Star Wars fan).