Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday Night Fights--El Toro Rojo Style!!

Admit it--you've always wanted to see Thor get involved with the Mexican wrestling scene, right?

So for this week's finale of Friday Night Fights, Spacebooger has declared that we must have "a fight scene featuring a fight with a red devil."

I may be pushing it here...but El Toro Rojo is wearing red, has horns and cloven hooves. That counts as a devil, right?

And if that's not enough...

See? He's going to male El Vampiro's life a "living hell"!! That's devil enough for me!!

Anyhoo, Thor, for reasons too complex to explain, gets involved with the luchadores, and it turns out that El Toro Rojo is really a Deviant!! And for reasons even more too complex to explain, he gets a hold of Don Blake's cane!!! And so:



And so begins the greatest wrestling match in history:



















"My name be Thor, amigo" may be the greatest sentence ever in a comic book.

Spacebooger laughs as he disqualifies my fight.

Asgardian vs Deviant wrestling courtesy of Roy Thomas, Arvell Jones and Chic Stone in Thor #290 (1979)

Now is the time for you to go and vote for my fight. Why? Because you just love a rebellious rule-breaker like me. So go and vote, amigos!


1 comment:

SallyP said...

I have this! And haven't read it in ages. This was my first exposure to wrestling!