Monday, April 30, 2012

The Slay Monstrobot 2000th Post Super-Sized Giant Spectacularama (With Bonus 3D Holofoil Cover)!

Well, this is post #2000.

So what? Big deal, right?!?

All I can say, is, you ain't getting rid of me any time soon.

No deep thoughts. Just beware that I'll continue my bizarre fascination with faux comic book rock bands; my obsession with the intricacies of Golden Age science; my drive to revive every 3/4 naked super-hero I can find; my desperate search through quarter bins for this comic; 12-post-long reviews of really bad comics that I find excruciatingly interesting; and I will continue to over-explain at ridiculous lengths that the Vision is, indeed, radder than you think.

And of course, I'll continue my Sisyphean quest to make sure that comics are more like this...

...than this:

So you're stuck with me at least until Matt Wagner finally get around to Mage III, or until the Batman '66 show is released on DVD. Any bets on which comes first?

Peace out.

6 comments:

Siskoid said...

Congratulations for making it to a big even number.

The only thing to do now is to reboot Slaymonstrobot to your first post and make it more about graphics than content.

ShadowWing Tronix said...

Does that mean he has to become a brooding emo psychopath? Maybe he should just stay awesome and show the comic companies how it's done. :)

Martin Gray said...

Con-grat-u-la-tions. And celebrations. Etc. I'm drinking a big cup of tea to you - don't ever change!

Gary said...

Well done, snell - it's a milestone however you look at it. Here's to the next 2,000.

Michael said...

Congratulations!
But as much as I love the Hulk slurping beans like Rorscharch...I wish it didn't come with that unfortunately stereotypical depiction of an African American.
(Sorry to rain on the parade, I really do love the blog!)

snell said...

The parade was definitely not rained on. I bemoaned the unfortunately minstrelly hobo in the original post.