Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Great Moments In Selective Amnesia

Last week, I showed you the greatest panel in Bruce Wayne history, and promised to tell you guys the full story later.

Well, here it is.

Batman's busting up some hoods in an alley, when:



OUCH!!

Fortunately, the cops show up, the hoods take off, and all is well, except...

He can't remember his secret identity!!


Since he can't remember where the Batcave is, Batman decides to utilize the facilities of the GCPD. First stop--the bathroom??



Who dat?


So it's time to hit the GCPD computer to find a name for his face:




Now, now, Batman, a good craftsman never blames his tools!!

Let's check the fingerprints!

Obviously, the answer is...

But...


Well, after all of the existential angst, Batman manages to figure out what case he was working on, roust the baddies, and find the secret stash of magic make-up remover he had hidden:




Well, hello-o-o, indeed, Bruce. That sheer sexiness staring back from the mirror jogged your tattered memory!!

Pro-tip: next time carry a wallet...

Frank Robbins, Bob Brown and Nick Cardy help Batman through his crisis in Detective Comics #430 (1972)

1 comment:

Sina said...

Possibly the dumbest plot point I've ever seen :0

"I don't know who I am and don't recognize myself, so my immediate deduction is that I'm wearing a *REALLY* good disguise! *NOT* that I must actually *BE* this person who I see in the mirror! No, of course, *THAT* explains why I don't recognize myself...who I don't know anymore! Ennnn...Yeah! That's it!!!"

Seriously, I can almost *feel* my mind-numbing and the drool running down my chin, it's so stupid...

And seriously, snell? You're telling Bruce to carry a wallet then just a few weeks later you totally *RAG HANK PYM OUT* for carrying name-printed business cards directly on his super-hero persona? Which way do you want it? Or are you just contrarian by nature?