Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday Night Fights--Jury Duty Style!!

As I've already mentioned this week, I had a couple of days of jury service...and doing my civic duty has left me a wee bit pressed for time.

How, then, shall I ever get my entry for Friday Night Fights done?

Simple--I'll turn to the cat who is a one-man jury (as well as judge and executioner)--Judge Dredd!!

Mega-City One has been invaded by evil judges from another dimension (where's the Watcher when you need him??), intent on wiping out all life on our sad little world. Judge Death and Judge Mortis are a killin' folks as fast as they can. Judge Fire has been temporarily incapacitated.

So Judge Dredd and Judge Anderson rush to take out Judge Fear and the shield generator he's guarding.

Anderson gets taken out the Looney Tunes way...


So that leaves just Dredd to face the terrifying verdict:



OBJECTION SUSTAINED!!!!!!!!!!

Even Spacebooger wouldn't question this verdict, because, really--would you want to make Dredd mad???

T B Grover and Brian Bolland try to sequester the violence to 2000 AD #227 (1981).

Now you'd best pick my fight to win this week, as I suspect that any vote against Dredd will be overturned on appeal. And knowing Dredd, the appeal process will not be pretty!!?

2 comments:

Gary said...

Damn it, snell - that's the exact same fight I had planned for next week!

snell said...

Sorry, Gary--purely random choice. I wanted to do a Dredd, and I was just pulling out random issues looking for a good fight.